Deity

by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Book 3 in the Covenant series

Description:

Alexandria is about to hit her eighteenth birthday, meaning her Awakening is coming closer. But there is this forgotten order that wants her dead. Furthermore there is this little death she committed in the Catskills. IF that comes out, both her and Aiden are history.

To make things even worse, Seth adds up to her troubles. Every time they spend training and he comes too close to her, she receives another mark of the Apollyon. Seems her Awakening is a bit ahead of time.
Short before her birthday everything goes to hell. Love of fate? The one that protects her or the one that has been lying to her since this whole mess started? Even the gods got enough of everything and they start to release their power on the Hematoi and on humanity. Destruction is coming.

Review: 
Holy fucking Daimon babies! (as Ms. Andros likes to say)
I had the same problem as with book 1 and 2 of this series. A very slow start. I don't know what it is, but I have a really hard time working myself through the first 100 or so pages. After that the book usually catches me. And I honestly have to consider getting myself a rubber knife, so I can fake stab someone after finishing the books. Armentrout - the master of cliffhangers of epic proportions. I hate it - and love it.
The story around Alex went into total mayhem. And as if it wasn't enough, she decided to get enemies among the gods as well. Isn't that pleasant ^_^ I am really curious on how it will continue. This book held quite a twist for me. I kind of liked Seth more than Aiden, but honestly...how sick is that dude? I hope he gets some braincells back soon...
In total, the book was really good again. Why only 4 stars? Because the hard time I had (again) to force myself through the beginning.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment